AT&T i.e. American Telephone and Telegraph Company is an American telecom company that is the world’s largest Telecommunication Company. It is a pioneer in the telecommunications and mobile industry. Along with this, it offers its users with high-speed internet, next-generation TV, and advanced mobile services. With so much of offerings, AT&T becomes an ultimate telecom service provider. For accessing all these services, you are required to create an account and access them through ATT Login. Using an AT&T account, you can check your order status, pay your bill, stream TV, track the usage of AT&T service, and much more.
ATT Login account permits you to access the following account using one single AT&T account.
- DIRECTV (excludes DIRECTV accounts still managed at directv.com)
- AT&T TV
- AT&T TV NOW (sign in at atttvnow.com)
- U-verse TV
- AT&T Internet, Fixed Wireless Internet, or DSL
- Digital Phone
- Landline – Home phone
- AT&T Mail
- AT&T Mobile Services (like AT&T Messages)
- NumberSync for wearables
In order to get your hands on these above services, you have to follow the below-mentioned procedures of account creation and ATT Login.
How To Create An AT&T Account?
For ATT Login, you have to start by creating an account. You can successfully create your account by following the process mentioned below.
- Firstly, open a web browser on your device.
- Then, type “att.com/login” in the address bar of your browser.
- This will redirect you to the ATT Email Login page.
- In the next window, click the “Create One Now” option. You will get this option on the bottom of the login box.
- Now, you have to provide the following information for selecting and verifying your account.
- AT&T Phone Number or Account Number
For ATT Login you have to provide any one of the two information. In case you want to enter your account number, then you will find it on the top-right corner of the paper bill.
- Billing ZIP Code
Then, enter the 5-digit ZIP code that you have used at the time of purchasing AT&T service.
- Captcha Code
In the last field, you have to enter the captcha code displayed on your screen.
- After entering these details, click the “Continue” tab.
- In case AT&T founds a user id for the account you are trying to access, then follow the options provided to you.
- Then, you have to provide the information that AT&T asks for. This is required for verifying your identity.
- Now, choose the method for receiving the verification code, if requested. Enter the code you have received.
- After that, you have to create a user id and password for your AT&T account. Make sure you provide an email address for user id and it must start with a letter. The password you create must be strong and unique and must fulfill all the required specifications.
- If prompted, then you can save your user id on the system you are using.
- Further, provide your contact information for the ATT Login account.
- Thereafter, select the security question and answer for securing your account.
- Next, you have to accept the terms and conditions of AT&T.
- Then, AT&T asks you to choose if you want to sign up for paperless billing. On selecting this option, AT&T will send you a link on your email address for verification.
ATT Login Procedure
After the successful completion of the account creation process, you can move to the next procedure i.e. ATT Login. For signing into your AT&T account, you have to follow the procedure mentioned below.
- First of all, access a web browser.
- Then, move to the login page of AT&T by entering “att.com/login” in the address bar of the browser.
- Now, you have to provide your login credentials for successfully reaching your account. In the first field, enter your User ID. You can provide any of the given information. Selection will depend on your service.
- User ID also called Access ID
- 10-Digit Wireless Number
- AT&T Email
- 10-Digit AT&T Prepaid Number
- DIRECTV Email
- Then, provide your ATT Login password. While entering the password, you must remain very careful as passwords are case-sensitive. Even a small mistake in the password will display the login error.
- After that, you can save your User ID in the system. AT&T suggests you to save the details only if you are using your personal computer. For this, click the “Save ID” checkbox provided below the Sign In tab.
- Finally, click the “Sign In” button to successfully reach your account.
Troubleshooting Steps for ATT Login Errors
ATT Login is a simple and straightforward procedure that can be accomplished by following some easy steps. However, at times, you might get the login error. AT&T displays this error in the form of the following error messages.
- 20001-001 to 20001-003: Looks like something went wrong. Please try again later.
- 20001-021 & 20001-022: For your protection, your user ID has been temporarily locked. To unlock it, please reset your password.
- 20002-001 & 20002-018: For your protection, we have signed you out. Please sign in again.
- 20002-003: Looks like there is an issue with your account. Please sign in to your online account.
If you are getting any of these error messages, then you are required to resolve it quickly. For fixing the error, follow the common troubleshooting steps.
Before you begin with these steps, make sure you have an active internet connection. Weak connections or no connection will also hinder the process and shows the login error. After that, start by following the below-given troubleshooting steps.
Solution 1: Check the Credentials You Have Entered
For resolving the error, you first have to try checking the login credentials you have entered. At times, you might get an error because of the minor mistakes as these credentials are case-sensitive. Hence, keep in mind the following specifications:
- No extra spacing between the characters of login credentials.
- Don’t use uppercase letter instead of a lowercase letter and Vise-Versa.
- Make sure that you provide the details that is linked with your AT&T account.
Solution 2: Reset Your Password
Another and most used method for fixing the login error is resetting the password. On forgetting or entering the wrong password, you can try creating a new one for your account. For this, follow the given process for using this troubleshooting procedure.
- Access a web browser.
- Type “att.com/login” in the address bar.
- This will redirect you to the AT&T login page.
- Now, click the “Forgot Password” option.
- In the next window, you have to enter your AT&T User ID and your Last Name.
- Then, verify your identity by tick marking the checkbox beside “I’m not a robot”. If prompted then complete the captcha task.
- Click the “Continue” tab to move further.
- Once you are done with this, AT&T will ask you to choose the method for creating a new password. You have to select between:
- Temporary Password
- Security Question
- On choosing “Temporary Password” you will receive a password on your registered email or phone number.
In the next window, you have to provide the Temporary Password that you have received.
- In case you choose “Security Question”, then you have to provide the answer that you have saved while creating your account.
- After that, create a new password for your ATT mail login account.
Solution 3: Recover You User ID
User ID is very important for signing in to your AT&T account. In case you have forgotten your User ID, then you have to follow the below-given procedure for recovering it.
- Open a web browser.
- Move to the ATT Login page by typing “att.com/login” in the address bar.
- Then, click the “Forgot User ID” option located below the Sign In tab.
- In the next window, you have to provide your contact email address that you have provided at the time of creating your account.
In case you have forgotten your contact email address, then click the “Forgot Contact Email” option. This will open another window and ask you to enter AT&T Mobile Number or Account Number and ZIP Code for recovering User ID.
- Then, in both the cases, tick mark the “I’m not a robot” checkbox and complete the captcha task in order to prove your identity.
- Now, tap the “Continue” button.
- By doing so, AT&T will send you the User ID on your contact email address.
- Go to your email address and check the mail that contains your User ID. Then, try to sign in to your account.